Samstag, 31. Januar 2015

3 days in paradise

A little bungalow hotel with 7 bungalows at the beach under coconut palms, each with a balcony and hammock, mine overlooking the sea, no electricity, just candlelight and moonlight, fabulous food, kilometers of deserted beaches, groups of pelicans flying by every now and then, fishing, only 4 guests except myself, you only hear the sound of the waves, no windows, only mosquito nets, and the best food I ever had. if that is not Paradiese, what is it then? 
You can walk kilometers on deserted beaches, every now and then meeting someone doing the same




and in the background the beginning Sierra Nevada
a little lake by the sea













By the way, I did not have a swimming suite on so I did not try to go in. The next day I was told there are caymans in the lake! Lucky me!
a dog taking a foam bath 
birds chatting
hundreds of pelicans flying by

another lake near the sea, also home to caymans, didn't see any, thanks God, but one of the guests did.
and more pelicans, flying in beautiful formations. 
my lovely new home, I am so much in love with it, could stay there forever...It is made out of bambus and the roof out of dried palm leaves.
 
my open air bathroom 
and my lovely bedroom
What more can I want?
I spent there wonderful 3 days. It has a very special atmosphere. No noisy music, only the sound of the waves and the wind. Dinner by candlelight on tables outside. In my cabana there were some little holes in the palm, so I figured it must never rain there. Well, on my second day, just after I came back from a long beach walk with my camera it started raining, one of those tropical rains which my camera would not have liked. And it rained in my cabana too! So that night I slept in the neighboring cabana. It was so lovely to lie in the evening in the hammock and listen to the rain and to the sound of the waves. 
Our cook, Ines, she would probably get at least 2 Michelin if "Michelin" knew about her. Her "arroz de coco con pescado", coconut rice with fried fish and fried bananas was just divine, as everything else she did. After one day, I started going to the kitchen 2 hours before mealtime to watch her cooking and learn how she did it. 
This is ines grinding fresh coconuts with an ingenious machine
and here is Ines preparing the most delicious bacalhau in coconut sauce. 
here is our second cook, Stefania, presing out the milk of the ground coconut to make arroz de coco.
In this place you have the feeling of timelessness and even the clocks are different. They probably count the hours by the songs of the different birds. 






















Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen