Mittwoch, 14. Januar 2015

Guayaquil

Dear everybody

After a long flight of 9,5 hours to freezing cold Newark, from there 5,5 hours to Panama city, spending another 4,5 hours at this airport and flying 2 more hours i arrived today noon in the summer , in Guayaquil, Equador. 35 degrees centigrades in the shadow! I did not think I would start to write my blog on my first day here but it was so exciting that I feel like sharing this with you.

 

 

I took a taxi to the lovely villa where I rented a private room, at Meggies house. This is Meggie with her very special Christmas tree- Eccuadorian style. Isn't it cute? By the way, Meggie told me it is safe here, not like in France!

I slept only 2 hours this night but I could not resist the temptation of going downtown Meggie called me a taxi and suggested a very interesting place.

 

Those are the only land iguanas and they are absolutely amazing. No shyness, they not only come close to you but climb on you if you let them. You find them in all sizes. Note the amazing skin folds on their neck. Looks as if they are wearing some kind of scarf or a tie. And there are dozens of them running around in a little park just in the center of Guayaquil. I fell in love with them and I could not stop photographing them.

This one looks like a statue but it is real!!! And they seem to enjoy posing for photos. Some looked more serious

and some where even willing to smile

Some showed off with their beautiful neck

and others with their amazing tail

A local man was having the time of his life feeding the little ones with salad

I wonder if this one is pregnant. Do iguanas get pregnant? Or do they just lay eggs???

I could not resist making some portraits. They are the weirdest animals I have ever seen. But amazingly cute.

 

and look at these beautiful colors and lovely faces

 

just can't resist showing you some more.

 

 

This one is getting a massage on his back

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And this one is saying: look how cool I am!

 

 

HAVE A GOOD NIGHT!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen