Mittwoch, 4. Februar 2015

Canyon de Chicamocha

The beautiful canyon of Chicamocha lies between Bucaramanga and San Gil. The bus almost goes down to the bottom of the canyon on its way to San Gil from Bucaramanga and climbs all the way up again in hundreds of curves, so it takes about 3 - 3,5 hours for about 100 km.
There is a national park you can visit to see the canyon better, you can also take a cable car from one rim of the canyon down to the river and up to the other rim.
I finally found out how to make panorama pictures with my new camera, but it did not come out so well. It was very hazy. 

liked the vegetation on the way down to the canyon

This is the view from one rim.
On the top there is a very impressive monument. Over a tobacco leaf 57 m. long and 35 m. wide this work of art commemorates the popular revolt known as the "Revolución de los Comuneros". It is an enormous leaf with 35 sculptures on top, the main one being independence heroine Manuela Beltrán. The artist was Master Guillermo Vallejo.
may be you can get an idea of the size in this picture. It is huge.

 
as it is very warm there, on the way up they put here and there a shower on the path so you can cool off. Great idea!

I love to hotograph portraits. There are many beautiful women in Colombia . I liked this girl and she allowed me to photograph her, we were travelling together in the cable car. 

So far I have seen only 2 handsome men here. I couldn't stop portrying this guy
Isn't he adorable?
this one looks a bit haughty
I went on photographing until he shouted at me: cut it out!




















Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen