Samstag, 2. Mai 2015

last day Galapagos

Yesterday was my last day in Isabela. I took the 6 a.m. boat back to Puerto Ayora . On the boat there was a woman with twins, little babies. When she boarded the boat she gave me one to hold and a man sitting nearby the second one, so she could step into the boat. When we arrived she needed to change diapers. That was on the pier. 


I spent another day and night in Renato's beautiful hotel at the sea. Until my room was ready, at 11, I sat in the beautiful restaurant at the sea writing my blog and photographing birds flying and fishing. There were several boobies fishing there. First they fly and observe the water

and the moment they see a fish, they dive vertically down

I love to watch them. 

I think he spotted a fish!
this is my favorite place at the restaurant, by the water. Notice the baby iguana?
At noon I hiked 3,5 km. to probably the most beautiful beach on Santa Cruz, Tortuga Bay. There were not so many people there although it was Sunday, probably because of the distance. But the trail leading to Tortuga Bay is beautiful. On both sides dense forests of trees and high Opuntia Cactuses, a sort endemic to the Galapagos. The fruits are a source of food for the iguanas and tortoises.

Here you can see thee size of such a cactus tree. They can be huge.
I got my first chance to photograph a Galapagos mockingbird
After walking for about 2,5 km. you arrivee at a beautiful beach with high waves for surfers. It was fun watching them, although they did not stay long on the surfboard.
After about another 500 m. you arrive at a gorgeous bay where there is totally quiet water, like in a pool. a beautiful sand beach with trees growing so there is a bit of shadow. The water is wonderfuly warm and clear and there are lots of fish swimming around.
Along the beach (you can see it on the right side of the picture) there are lots of wooden hangers where you can hang your bag, clotzhers and towels. It is more brautiful than the beaches I have seen in the Caribe.
It was very difficult to say good bye to this place and the Galapagos. This is the path that leads to Tortuga Bay.
and here the stem of an Opuntia cactus to compare it with thee stem of a tree in the back.
On the way back I photographed an information center, I liked the architecture
They also have public toilets in Puerto Ayora
and pretty art galeries.
This was my last day in Santa Cruz. Monday morrning I flew to Guayaquil, on Tuesday from there to New Jersey and from here I am flying to Frankfurt for 2,5 days and then back home. It is another world and it will be difficult to adjust.
I might make one more post with photos of some of the things and places I forgot in my other posts.
I wish you all, that you may have a chance to visit Galapagos some day. It is magical.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen