Samstag, 2. Mai 2015

more Santiago, Rabida

I just found 2 pictures from north Isabela which i want to insert here.

and now Santiago:
On Sunday Carlos took us to a beach in Santiago which from far did not look inviting at all, but when we landed there turned out to be fantastic

This iguana was sitting on the rocks and looked as if he were saying: look at my reign.
I love the structure of the rocks

and its inhabitants



I just noriced that I had inserted several photos from here in my last post.
In the afternoon we sailed to another beautiful island, Rabida. What is special about this island is its red sand.

another pretty bird whose name I forgot.
Isn't the color of the sand amazing?
There are so many little islets around here
On our walk we saw a little baby sea lion. At first we thought it was dead but Carlos explained to us that these sea lions can reduce their heart beat to survive quite a long time, waiting until their mom brings them some food. The mother recognizes them by the smell. That's why you are not allowed to touch them. If you do,, the mother feels the smell of your hand and does not recognise her baby and it might die.
and here another baby waiting for his mom.
they are sooo sweet
we had a little chat before we went on.
haven't shown you any crabs for some ttime. Have you been missing them? I really will miss all thee animals when I leave Galapagos.
this baby was taking a bath in a little pond.
and one photo which I photographed out of a book: a turtle being born.
have a wonderful day!























Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen